English OS, but living in Japan RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I need advice regarding my situation.

I live in Japan, but I have an English Language OS (I brought the computer from home)

If I buy a Japanese version of LiveOne Care, will I have problems with language. or rather, will my PC have problems with fonts etc.

Any advice welcome..

Thankyou.

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:15 AM

Answers

• The only problem that you will face is that you will need to have your IE language set to Japanese when activating your subscription the first time.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

Subsequent installations and reinstalls for that subscription can be done in any supported language. If you buy a retail copy in Japan, your interface for OneCare will still be English as that is the OS language. You just need to deal with the activation check of IP address to IE language to set up your subscription.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:20 PM

All replies

• The only problem that you will face is that you will need to have your IE language set to Japanese when activating your subscription the first time.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

Subsequent installations and reinstalls for that subscription can be done in any supported language. If you buy a retail copy in Japan, your interface for OneCare will still be English as that is the OS language. You just need to deal with the activation check of IP address to IE language to set up your subscription.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:20 PM
  • Thanks Steve, for your reply and your help.

I will undoubtably be asking for more help later on down the line, so

its nice to find a place to seek those answers..

Cheers!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:12 AM
  • My case is slightly different.

I live in Japan, use a Japanese version of MS-Vista, but I would prefer to have OneCare service with an English interface, because I'm sure there will be lots of infrormation messages, and I can't be bothered to read all the Japanese.

I don't care if my contract is with Microsoft US or Microsoft Japan.

Is it possible to do this?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:10 AM
  • Living in Japan, you need to have the IE language set to Japanese to activate the subscription on the PC.

Once activated, you can change the Operating System language to English and IE back to English.

The OneCare interface and messages will present in the operating system language.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:02 PM
  • yeah, I thnk I remembering at install, the option of lanuages offered. Using my disc as example, I think all packages have a multitude of languages to install by. There is a folder on the disc that states so.

Good luck!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:30 AM