Error 7001, wireless security check error RRS feed

• Question

• I am researching why my laptop keeps coming out of sleep, by itself, and trying to find out how to make One Care stop waking up the computer. When I review the event log, I see one care has generated hundreds of errors, with WinSS as the source, event id 7001, and error code x80020005.

Would like to learn how to correct this error, and what settings are needed so that One Care doesn't wake the computer. Rather it should wait until I turn on the computer before it does scans or checks.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:22 AM

Answers

• OneCare does not wake the PC for any reason at all. The entries that you are seeing are not a problem in and of themselves, though may indicate some other issues.
    When a PC wakes or starts, OneCare immediately performs several actions, and performs several more soon thereafter. So, something else is waking the PC, not OneCare.
    The most common reason for a PC to wake from sleep at a specific time is a scheduled check for updates (Windows Automatic Update) or the Media Center Program Guide check – which is, unfortunately, not configurable easily. The former is configurable in the AU settings of Control Panel. If you are not using the Media Center functions, look for other programs that are configured to check for updates at a specific time daily.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:14 AM