locked
Update Rollup 2 Connector Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Pre-UR2, all was well. After UR2, the connector (on 3 Win 7 32 machines) can't connect to the Home Server. EDIT: The console won't appear...if backups occur (they are) it is connected somehow...but no console. (This computer can not connect to your home server)...but, it is green, it can run a back up manually, it is running scheduled back ups, I can get to WHS via the browser (edit II: everything works on the web page, except trying to open the console), and the shortcut to the shares is fine. I have tried rebooting everything, uninstalling and reinstalling the connector, uninstalling UR2 (doesn't work, get the same error with the older versions now, where it worked fine pre-UR2) and discovery.exe finds it. WHS Connector Troubleshooter only finds a surprising error: That the connector software and the Home Server are different versions...that is with the NEW connector btw (1/10/2011 date on the .msi).  Oh, the console opens from WHS itself, just fine.

    Thanks.

    Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for the tips. I figured out the problem. I published the 1.1 Toolkit to the server and checked it out. I had 2 fails in the diagnostic: The Firewall was off and Remote Desktop was off. I enabled Remote Desktop and my connectors now bring up the console. This is a homebuilt rig and my normal practice is to disable RDP on all Windows machines (I use Team Viewer through Hamachi)...I forgot not to, in this case...and pre UR2 didn't need it enabled apparently. Thanks again.

     

    P

    • Marked as answer by Polypro Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:17 AM
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:16 AM

All replies

  • Have you try uninstall the connector and re-install the connector from http://servername:55000?
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:23 AM
  • It looks like the Troubleshooter error is correct. Poke around in the Event logs and you will find Protocol mismatch errors. I would suggest re-installing UR2 and seeing if that cures your problems. Firstly tho, look at the Vox Associates post and my last post in the thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/80798701-3299-4967-8112-430511624a4c/. In your case it may well be that the client IS running the new Connector software, but now the server is running the old (pre-UR2) version.
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Thanks for the tips. I figured out the problem. I published the 1.1 Toolkit to the server and checked it out. I had 2 fails in the diagnostic: The Firewall was off and Remote Desktop was off. I enabled Remote Desktop and my connectors now bring up the console. This is a homebuilt rig and my normal practice is to disable RDP on all Windows machines (I use Team Viewer through Hamachi)...I forgot not to, in this case...and pre UR2 didn't need it enabled apparently. Thanks again.

     

    P

    • Marked as answer by Polypro Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:17 AM
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:16 AM