Unexpected Error when user tries to access PWA RRS feed

• Question

• We are on PS2007.  I have users accessing the system with no problems.

I granted access to this one particular user and when he attempts to access PWA he get an error that says:

ERROR

Unexpected Error has Occurred

T

That is all the error says. The only difference between this user and others is that he is accessing via VPN.

Any thoughts?

Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hello samanthaob

The VPN may have some ports or network protocals blocked that are used by PWA.  To verify this, have the user access PWA from behind the password.  If it works, then the VPN or a proxy server is limiting some of the portals and/or network protcals.   Some VPNs use addtional network layer protocals such as ICMP, IGMP, IGRP, IPX, etc when accessing remote sites.

You can also test by setting up AAM (Alternate Addressing Methods) and just come into PWA using HTTPS.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hello samanthaob

The VPN may have some ports or network protocals blocked that are used by PWA.  To verify this, have the user access PWA from behind the password.  If it works, then the VPN or a proxy server is limiting some of the portals and/or network protcals.   Some VPNs use addtional network layer protocals such as ICMP, IGMP, IGRP, IPX, etc when accessing remote sites.

You can also test by setting up AAM (Alternate Addressing Methods) and just come into PWA using HTTPS.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Thanks I will try this.
    Friday, June 18, 2010 10:14 PM