Accessing LiveMeetings in OCS from PSTN RRS feed

• Question

• Background:

• I have OCS 2007 installed configured in my lab.
    • I have a mediation server installed and configured to communicate with a SIP gateway (audio codes).
    • I have PSTN calls routing from the gateway to OC clients no problem.
    • I can get LiveMeeting working between internal users with voice and presentation content no problem.

I am wondering how to configure OCS like a conference bridge, so that I can have people call in from the PSTN, have them enter in the ID of the meeting and join for audio only.

Any ideas?

Matt

Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:07 PM

Answers

• I don't believe this is possible with OCS 2007 and Live Meeting server. I believe this is a Live Meeting service feature.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:51 PM

All replies

• I don't believe this is possible with OCS 2007 and Live Meeting server. I believe this is a Live Meeting service feature.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:51 PM
  • Thoms right, as the meeting is a sip based one, you cant call a number to get in.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Does anyone know if there are plans to include the ability to dial in from the PSTN in future releases? It would be a necessary feature to have if there's any hope of displacing Meetingplace / WebEx.

It seems like the hard part is already done: bridging voice, data, and video. And OCS already can integrate with a PBX / PSTN - I don't see why PSTN calls shouldn't be able to be routed to a conf call once they get normalized.

-Matt

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:26 PM
  • With an analog line plugged into a RoundTable device, you can call someone via the device and it will bridge them into the internal voice conference.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:15 AM
  • It is a Live Meeting Service feature which have features like conferencing provider. On premise conferencing did not have this feature. If PSTN conferencing provider are included into the next update/rollup is under NDA.  

Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:20 PM