Really bad virus RRS feed

• Question

• Well this virus took over my computer baically. It took my administrator powers away from me and it took control panel. So basically i cant do anything. Also the account it is using is hidden. I tried to go into safe mode but my computer wont let me, when it to comes to that black screen i choose safe mode and it just says all these random files in the drivers and stays like that, ive tried it also with networking safe mode and  command prompt safe mode. I cant think of anything else to do but to turn to this website. Also it wont let me turn my laptop back into factory setings because my cd drive doesnt work anymore.. Maybe there is something i can do with REGEDIT that could help me resolve this problem.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:43 AM

Answers

• While we are sympathetic to your troubles, this is not the proper forum for learning how to clean spyware/trojans off of your computer. This forum is for discussion of problems with Microsoft's Windows Home Server operating system.

There are a number of online forums that are better suited to solving your problem. I've referred people to this forum in the past...
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:58 AM

All replies

•  elmarkrso wrote:
    Well this virus took over my computer baically.

More information needed to help you.

Are you sure it was a virus and not a hardware ie memory fault?

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have a backup and if so what type?

Briefly, the best option would be if you have a recent complete backup on WHS or an Acronis disk image to remove the current HDD and replace it with a brand new one.  Then do a restore from Acronis or WHS and you will then see whether the virus was present at the time you backed up

If you do not have a backup (quel horreur!) I would suggest firstly running a DOS based antivirus progrmam and then do a Windows reinstallation.

Good luck

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:57 AM
  • im running windows xp and it is a trojan and i know it is there, it protected the virus files so i cant delete them, and my old back up files do not work. and anti viruses dont work either, it also closes down programs that i open up sometimes, heres a 2nd part question. How can i stop it from closing down a program im using, it just does it randomly.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:01 AM
  • While we are sympathetic to your troubles, this is not the proper forum for learning how to clean spyware/trojans off of your computer. This forum is for discussion of problems with Microsoft's Windows Home Server operating system.

There are a number of online forums that are better suited to solving your problem. I've referred people to this forum in the past...
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:58 AM