Why cannot I see my Home Server? RRS feed

• Question

• When I open Network with my computers I can see my home server (PP3) only as media server (i.e. to use with Win Media Player) or as "Other equipment" (I don't know the English words for this) but it opens only IE side. In some cases I'd like to save a copy of my file as backup purposes immediately.

Can this be done in WHS 2011?

Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:32 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply

I run 64 bit Windows Home Server Toolkit and it said all was OK. Still the situation was the same.

I usually use wireless LAN at home but now I tried a wired connection. No use.

WHS can take my backup although I use WLAN and like I said, I can see Shared Folder of WHS by right clicking the icon. No of my computers can see WHS as one of the network computers (Win 7 Prof, Win 7 Home, Vista, XP and Win 8 Preview.

Nikorios

Nikorios

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:23 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:29 PM

All replies

• A little more information. When I right-click Windows Home Server icon on the right, I can choose Shared Folders. Now I can drag and drop necessary files. But why I cannot see my server with Explorer or save there with "Save as"?
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:27 PM
  • I wonder why there is no reply to my question.
    Nikorios
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Can this be done in WHS 2011?

Hi Nikorios,

this should also work with your  WHS v1 (wether PP3 or not). Propably there's an issue with your network settings on your client machine. You should first try to run the Windows Home Server Toolkit which may help you to locate the error more exactly: You might download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25180

Just install on your client machine and report us the results you get from the wizard.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Thank you for your reply

I run 64 bit Windows Home Server Toolkit and it said all was OK. Still the situation was the same.

I usually use wireless LAN at home but now I tried a wired connection. No use.

WHS can take my backup although I use WLAN and like I said, I can see Shared Folder of WHS by right clicking the icon. No of my computers can see WHS as one of the network computers (Win 7 Prof, Win 7 Home, Vista, XP and Win 8 Preview.

Nikorios

Nikorios

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:23 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Now the problem above is solved - with WHS 2011. There seemed to be no problem with my network or security. The problem was with WHS PP3.

Nikorios

Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:55 PM