Renewal Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows live onecare on three computers in my house and I am trying to renew my subsciption, however when I am inputting my information to pay for it there is no options for countries other than the United States. It looks like a bar which should be pulled down to select from a list, but is it faded out and there are no options. Why is this? and how can I fix it.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:18 PM

Answers

•  Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:20 PM

All replies

•  Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:20 PM
  •  

My settings were already correct, English (canada) en-ca. Thanks anyways, any other suggestions? I'm thinking about just going into a electronics store and buying it again, do they sell pins for renewals in stores? I've tried changing my Billing Information with my windows live account and everything, it never gives me an option to change my country from US to Canada.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 9:25 PM
  • Ah, the instructions I posted were to correct the problem when trying to create a Billing account or update that Billing account to provide payment information, if it had been created by activating a retail copy previously.

You have encountered a situation where the Billing account information at http://billing.microsoft.com for your profile was created with the wrong country and I don't know if that can be corrected by you. You should contact support to correct this.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

On the other hand, picking up a retail box copy of OneCare will net you a PIN that can be used to renew your subscription. Just go to http://billing.microsoft.com, select the OneCare subscription, click renew, then use the option to use a Retail key, PIN or token to renew.

Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

There's no need to reinstall OneCare unless you want to abandon the current account and activate with a different LiveID.

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 2:19 PM