MSMQ quote for BP Plc RRS feed

• Question

• I hold BP Plc (Lon) stock with symbol BP. (yes, there is a . after BP according to MSN Money and FT website). I cannot seem to download current prices using MSMoneyQuote. My symbol.map entry is : 

BP. 151.1.BP..LON GBX

Am I doing something wrong please? I have tried removing GBX but did not help.

• Edited by finwizzard Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:32 AM

All replies

• Assuming that you are using Dan Gaier's MSMoneyQuotes program, I suggest that you contact Dan directly at support@gaiersoftware.com.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 3:42 AM
  • Assuming that you are using Dan Gaier's MSMoneyQuotes program, I suggest that you contact Dan directly at support@gaiersoftware.com.

Bill Becker

Emailed Dan - he said that he could not explain it either. Strange that an Equity, available on MSN Money, causes problems. Is it because it has a . in it's symbol? Is there an alternative symbol for BP, anyone aware of? I am sure there are users who have BP Plc shares.
    Friday, March 13, 2020 9:44 AM
  • I hold BP Plc (Lon) stock with symbol BP. (yes, there is a . after BP according to MSN Money and FT website). I cannot seem to download current prices using MSMoneyQuote. My symbol.map entry is : 

BP. 151.1.BP..LON GBX

Where did you get the ID for mapping the symbol?  When I use Gaier's page help it mentions using the Morningstar site to extract the ID.  When I do that I come up with the following ID:

0P000090MI

Friday, March 13, 2020 2:57 PM

BP. 151.1.BP..LON GBX

Where did you get the ID for mapping the symbol?  When I use Gaier's page help it mentions using the Morningstar site to extract the ID.  When I do that I come up with the following ID:

0P000090MI

I got it from FT.com (UK) and MSN Money as well. Your symbol is not recognised by either. Not sure why. FT.Com and Msn Money both recognise BP. as a symbol.

Tried Morning star serch but it does not give any results for your symbol.

• Edited by finwizzard Friday, March 13, 2020 8:19 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2020 8:17 PM
  • I got it from FT.com (UK) and MSN Money as well. Your symbol is not recognised by either. Not sure why. FT.Com and Msn Money both recognise BP. as a symbol.

Tried Morning star serch but it does not give any results for your symbol.

BP. is the symbol.  0P000090MI is the ID (not symbol) that Morningstar shows for that.  My understanding is you would include in your Symbol Map file the following:

BP.,0P000090MI

Note the comma between symbol and ID.  Maybe your old ID still works if you add a comma.  I don't see a comma in the map entry in your original post but maybe its not needed.  You could always give it a try.

Friday, March 13, 2020 9:01 PM
  • Wow! managed to make it to work!!

Looked at the sample Symbolmap.csv file on MSMQ help page and used AO. as an example (substituted BP. for AO. So, the format became:

151.1.BP/.LON.BP.

I was trying to use 151.1.BP.LON and this did not work!

Friday, March 13, 2020 9:16 PM