none
UWP vb speech recognizer RRS feed

• Question

• How can you make it simple speech recognizer.I have this:

Imports Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition
    Public NotInheritable Class MainPage
        Inherits Page
        Dim voice As New SpeechRecognizer()

Private Sub Grid_Loaded(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs)
            TextBox1.Text = voice.RecognizeAsync.ToString
        End Sub

Private Sub Buton1_Click(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs) Handles Buton1.Click

End Sub
    End Class

how to improve it

Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a small example and it comes from here. The results of the operation vary depending on the microphone, ambient noise, room acoustics, and microphone placement. Voice recognition training is also available in the control panel.

Option Strict On
    Imports System.Speech ' Add reference, Assemblies, Framework, System.Speech
    Imports System.Speech.Recognition

Public Class Form1
        Public synth As New Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer
        Public WithEvents Recognizer As New Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine
        Dim gram As New System.Speech.Recognition.DictationGrammar()

Public Sub GotSpeech(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal phrase As System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognizedEventArgs) Handles Recognizer.SpeechRecognized
            TextBox1.Text += phrase.Result.Text + ""
        End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            Recognizer.LoadGrammar(gram)
            Recognizer.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice()
            Recognizer.RecognizeAsync(Recognition.RecognizeMode.Multiple)
        End Sub
    End Class

Some people have asked similar questions before, and I think the suggestions here will be of great value to you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e533f708-bfc0-4848-9b93-5a2e8c9fe2f2/speech-to-text-in-vbnet?forum=vbgeneral

You can also check out the MSDN sample documentation as follows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/msdn-magazine/2014/december/voice-recognition-speech-recognition-with-net-desktop-applications

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 5:51 AM
  • But I don't use forms only pages(uniwersal windows platform). Then the code is different. Documentation msdn.miocrosoft applies only to C # I use VB. Despite everything thank you for your interest.
    Monday, December 2, 2019 2:39 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry, I originally thought your problem was only with VB.NET. Our forum only deals with issues related to VB.NET not involve UWP. I'm sorry, your issue involves UWP, so I suggest you go to the following forums for help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/index.html

Hope it help to you .

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regads,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:24 AM