Windows Live One Care missed one. RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft One Care caught a Virus on my computer. It is the Trojan:win32/fakeinit. It removed it and is no longer there but I have a problem now with my Display Properties.

This is what it did:

The virus took over my desktop picture (won't let me change it) and tries to load the internet (I have firefox)  to get me to an anti-virus site (over and over again). I also have a red circle with an x in it in my tool bar and a constant "Warning! Security report..." message above it.

I went to MSCONFIG to disable every thing on my task bar. It went away. But then I noticed that I can't change my display properties. The web tab is missing from the desktop tab and the box to click on my pictures can not be highlighted also the scroll bar will not move. The Browse butting can not be clicked on either.

I also tried to do a restore system back a week and it would not let me do that either. It went through the prosses but did not make any changes.

Can some one please help me?
    Thank you
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:51 AM (From:Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic)
    Monday, May 25, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers