Exam apllied to new MS ID instead of my existing ID RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my MCSE to MCSE Security by passing exam 70-299. But instead of applying it to my existing transcript. I was issued a MCP with a new MS ID. I need the exam applied to the correct MS ID/
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:59 PM

Answers

• I recently upgraded my MCSE to MCSE Security by passing exam 70-299. But instead of applying it to my existing transcript. I was issued a MCP with a new MS ID. I need the exam applied to the correct MS ID/
    Contact the MCP helpdesk with both your existing MCP ID and the new MCP ID and they will merge the records. This happened to me, since I had two MCP ID's I requested them to merge both ID into my older one (as I didn't want the new number), it took a few day but both MCP ID's were merged into one :)
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by KitKatNinja Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, January 8, 2010 3:31 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Some additional tips on preventing this from happening again 

You should contact prometric ( www.prometric.com ) because the double registration also exists in their database.

This prevents the same thing happening the next time you take a exam.

Also find out your candidate ID (this is the number starting with sp...... on your score reports)
    and in the future when you register for a exam always mention this number.

What went wrong when your registered for the exam, is that when your exam registration was processed
    your registration was not matched with your existing records, and a new candidate record was created.

Microsoft uses the prometric candidate ID to match your exam results to your records in their MCP database, so a new
    prometric candidate ID results in a new MCP ID, you basically became two persons in both databases.

Only way to make sure this doesn´t happen again next time you register is to always mention your prometric ID from the first exam you took,
    when you register for your next exam (except when you create a account en register through the prometric website, then this is automatic)

Rob.
    Certifications: MCP MCSA(2003) MCSE(NT4 2000 2003) MCSA+S(2003) MCSA+M(2003) MCSE+S(2000 2003) MCSE+M(2000 2003) MCTS 14x MCITP 4x
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:03 AM

All replies

Contact the MCP helpdesk with both your existing MCP ID and the new MCP ID and they will merge the records. This happened to me, since I had two MCP ID's I requested them to merge both ID into my older one (as I didn't want the new number), it took a few day but both MCP ID's were merged into one :)
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by KitKatNinja Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:05 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Some additional tips on preventing this from happening again 

You should contact prometric ( www.prometric.com ) because the double registration also exists in their database.

This prevents the same thing happening the next time you take a exam.

Also find out your candidate ID (this is the number starting with sp...... on your score reports)
    and in the future when you register for a exam always mention this number.

What went wrong when your registered for the exam, is that when your exam registration was processed
    your registration was not matched with your existing records, and a new candidate record was created.

Microsoft uses the prometric candidate ID to match your exam results to your records in their MCP database, so a new
    prometric candidate ID results in a new MCP ID, you basically became two persons in both databases.

Only way to make sure this doesn´t happen again next time you register is to always mention your prometric ID from the first exam you took,
    when you register for your next exam (except when you create a account en register through the prometric website, then this is automatic)

Rob.
    Certifications: MCP MCSA(2003) MCSE(NT4 2000 2003) MCSA+S(2003) MCSA+M(2003) MCSE+S(2000 2003) MCSE+M(2000 2003) MCTS 14x MCITP 4x
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 11:03 AM