none
Updates on Imagine Cup 2008 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well here is the update from the imagine cup site..
    The registration will begin in august after the 2007 finals...

rest of the news :

6/14/2007
    Microsoft Announces Theme and Location of Worldwide Finals for Imagine Cup 2008

PARIS, FRANCE -- June 6, 2007 In 2007, more than 100,000 competitors from over 100 countries stepped up to the challenge of imagining a world where education is accessible to all. In 2008, we invite the world’s most gifted technology students to step up to the challenge of creating a sustainable environment.

Imagine a world where technology enables a sustainable environment. A world where technology is an ally of the planet, not an adversary. A world where software enables us to interpret environmental indicators, predict the outcomes of our actions, improve our consumption of precious resources, and live more in balance with our environment.  

You Win. We All Win. 

Now in its sixth year, the Imagine Cup is a global competition focused on taking on some of the world’s toughest social issues with technology. The competition continues to challenge students around the world to apply their imagination, passion, and creativity to technology innovations that can create a better world. Each year, the competition is organized around a different social theme. Students bring their ideas to life in a multifaceted competition that comprises multiple categories, each catering to a different technological or artistic affinity. Their work will reflect valuable, real-world solutions, while giving them the opportunity to compete for cash prizes totaling more than $170,000 (U.S.).

Previous hosts of the Imagine Cup worldwide finals include Spain (2003), Brazil (2004), Japan (2005), India (2006) and Korea (2007). Today Microsoft announced that the worldwide finals of Imagine Cup 2008 will take place in Paris, France.

2008 Theme: The Environment

In Imagine Cup 2008, we challenge the top student technologists around the world to actively contribute to the mission of protecting our world for generations to come. We are pleased to announce the 2008 theme: “Imagine a world where technology enables a sustainable environment.”

For some, a sustainable environment means something as simple as breathing fresh air each time they open their window. For others it means making significant change in key environmental indicators. At Microsoft, we are inspired by the possibilities, and are honored to call on young programmers, artists and technologists around the world to step up to this worthy challenge.

"The Imagine Cup is the proving ground for the technology leaders of the future.  We are proud and delighted to be organizing the sixth edition of this international competition in France,” declares Eric Boustouller, President of Microsoft France and Vice-President of Microsoft International.

"Microsoft France has been closely involved with the university community, including both students and lecturers, for many years. We will continue to reveal the talent of the future and encourage innovation in France. I promise that the scale of this event will help to promote the reputation of our country in all the fields where it excels. The importance of environmental issues will motivate all of us to create the strongest possible impact on an international scale," continues Boustouller.

Imagine Cup 2007 Update

The 2007 edition of this international competition has attracted the top young technology talent from all five continents who will create the software of the future. More than 100,000 students from over 100 countries are currently competing in Imagine Cup 2007, the highest-ever number of contenders. These students are using their skills and talent to imagine a world where technology enables access to a high quality education for all. This year's finals will be held in Seoul, South Korea in August 2007.

The Imagine Cup competition aims to enhance the image of information technology and all the sectors of the digital industry in general. It is also an opportunity to discover new vocations and fuel passions.

Registration for Imagine Cup 2008 will open in August after the Imagine Cup 2007 Worldwide Finals. For more news of Imagine Cup 2008, and to follow the progress of the 2007 finalists who will compete in Seoul, Korea from August 5-11, please check the Imagine Cup Web site at http://www.imaginecup.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:58 PM

All replies

• Now that i have tasted IC2007, i am wishing to actively take part in IC2008.
     i hope this time exams dont come in my way. Smile
    Friday, June 29, 2007 3:56 PM
  • There in nine contest in IC and most of them require to be in a team and also have extensive knowledge of the Visual Studio Environment. The game development is really a good entry , but time would tell how many from India actively participate in it.
    Tuesday, September 4, 2007 11:38 PM
  • Well.. there are also single entry competitions like the algorithm.. and i enjoyed it last time....
    Also about the Game development.. its the best move ever..specially for Indians.. because most of us are really crazy about games.. and we get a chance to learn how to build it.. who knowz.. we might choose it as a carrier line...
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 4:03 AM
  • Hey man i dont see anythign like herbert this time under algorighms, i think MS is preparing a much better thing ):
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:01 PM

• Its time to do more effectively.

lets ROCK...
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:58 AM