Live Meeting Console vs Live Meeting Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

If you have Office Communication Server 2007 installed and configured for Live meetings, can you invite non-Windows clients to participate in those meetings ?

As far as I understand there is only one option to use when you participate in Live meeting - that is Live Meeting Console.

Can you use some kind of Live Meeting Web client ( like Live meeting Service ) ?

Thanks in advance for the answares !

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 6:52 AM

Answers

• For self-hosted web conferences, I do not know of any other client besides Live Meeting, which is Windows only. The Deployment guide makes no mention of any other version being possible.

Users can view recordings of a web conference using a browser, but not the live conference itself when using on-premise web conferencing.

Sorry if this was not what you wanted to hear.
    Monday, September 10, 2007 2:38 PM

All replies

•  TeodorR wrote:

Hi guys,

If you have Office Communication Server 2007 installed and configured for Live meetings, can you invite non-Windows clients to participate in those meetings ?

As far as I understand there is only one option to use when you participate in Live meeting - that is Live Meeting Console.

Can you use some kind of Live Meeting Web client ( like Live meeting Service ) ?

Thanks in advance for the answares !

So far as I can tell, there are no non-Windows clients for Live Meeting for on-premise conferencing. The Live Meeting service can be viewed via a web browser, so non-IE browsers should work for the hosted service.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 10:06 PM
  • Thanks for your replay Thomas,

But let me rephrase my question.

Is there WebConferencing client (like Communicator Web Access) for Office Communication Server 2007.

If there is such client, Mac machines can use it to access LiveMeetings hosted on OCS 2007.

Thanks in advance !

Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:13 PM
  • For self-hosted web conferences, I do not know of any other client besides Live Meeting, which is Windows only. The Deployment guide makes no mention of any other version being possible.

Users can view recordings of a web conference using a browser, but not the live conference itself when using on-premise web conferencing.

Sorry if this was not what you wanted to hear.
    Monday, September 10, 2007 2:38 PM
  • thanks Thomas !

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:27 PM