This is not question but I have a possible answer to Microsoft Fix It Center Issue. RRS feed

• General discussion

• There is a problem with the Sap Catalog Hkey on the Microsoft Fix it Center. It allows someone/thing to attach a virus to that Hkey dealing with the Sap Catalog. The virus does not allow you to run the fix it center. What I did is I had to roll system back after removal of the 3 Virus issues attached to that Hkey. The Error has to do with not being able to retrieve the Sap Catalog to run fix it center. Once I rolled back system to previous day at point I knew Virus was not on system, but remove virus before roll back. Now the problem with that is I had to use Malwarebytes to remove the 3 Viruses. Microsoft Security Essentials was unable to detect virus. After roll back, uninstall Microsoft Fix it Center and reinstall. Now I found that You should change the Hkey affected by changing the key so virus will not attach to it. I do not know how to do this. I am waiting on Microsoft to get back with me on changing the registry so that it still works after change. The change is in the http address. but not sure how to do that. This is the report that I got after scan by malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.70.0.1100
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.01.07.07

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 FAT32
    Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.1870

Protection: Enabled

1/7/2013 12:13:43 PM
    mbam-log-2013-01-07 (12-13-43).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
    Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 298568
    Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 59 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\CROSSRIDER (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 1
    HKCU\Software\Crossrider|215AppVerifier (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Data: a4614a6bb43b86b202898dc9337838fb -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temp\DNS.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Thats all I know. Please do not tell me I am in the wrong area or that I suck, I am telling you what worked for me. We all need to be a little nicer to each other and not demeening and putting down those of us who are not Professional Techs. Thanks.

Soonerguy1967

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:20 PM