Purchase of Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way I can purchase JUST THE SOFTWARE instead of buying the packaged version from HP? I have my own hardware and I can run it myself.  If not why not??  $500+ is a bit much for the packaged version especially if the user have their own hardware...like me.  I just received the 120-day eval version and would like to purchase the software ONLY when the eval is complete.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• Depends from your location. OEM or System builder packages are often offered at Amazon or Newegg.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:09 AM
  • I think both are full OEM or System builder versions, and the package CCQ-00061 is the version, which has already Power Pack 1 included.
    Olaf
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 1:03 AM

All replies

• Depends from your location. OEM or System builder packages are often offered at Amazon or Newegg.
    Olaf
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:09 AM
  • Which part # is the full version OEM: CCQ-00015 or CCQ-00061?  Thanks.
    Friday, January 9, 2009 10:36 PM
  • I think both are full OEM or System builder versions, and the package CCQ-00061 is the version, which has already Power Pack 1 included.
    Olaf
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 1:03 AM
  • Probably the version with PP1 included will be significantly less expensive, since Microsoft lowered the RRP at around the time that media went to manufacturing.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 3:38 AM