Does HP EX470 have Gigabit Ethernet?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just setup my HP EX470. According to the specs, it has Gigabit ethernet. However, I can't seem to get it to negotiate gigabit speeds when I connect it to my network? What gives? I have ruled out the network cable (Belkin) and the gigabit switch (Netgear). Anyone have success with gigabit speed with this unit?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:33 AM

All replies

• Mine is running at 1 GB. Are you sure everything else supports gigabit Ethernet? In particular, is it possible that you have a switch that only supports gigabit speeds on the uplink port?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:01 AM
  • I had a scenario where port 5 on my 8 port switch would only do 100mbit, when I moved the cable to port 4 I instantly got gigabit on the MSS. Very weird. Can you try another port on your switch, another cable (just to be sure), and let us know the model # of your switch?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:39 AM
  •  

I am using an 8-Port Netgear Switch(GS608).  I say I ruled out the switch because I unplugged the etherned cable from the server and the plugged it into my laptop without changing the port on the switch, and it was at gigabit speed. Plugged it back in the server and it went down to 100 mbit. I will try my gigabit linksys switch tonight.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:52 PM
  •  

I have a GS608 also, it's the one ran at 100mbit in port 5 but runs at gigabit on another port. Let us know how the Linksys performs!
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:18 PM
  •  yakuza wrote:

I have a GS608 also, it's the one ran at 100mbit in port 5 but runs at gigabit on another port. Let us know how the Linksys performs!

Interesting... That was it.
    I have my linksys switch connected to the same port on the netgear switch.
    The switches both negotiated 1 gbit and the server, connected to the linksys, now susessfully negotiated 1 gbit.
    For some reason, it doesn't like being directly connected to the netgear. I tried multiple ports.

Thanks for the help.
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:39 AM