Read Only... STILL? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 on my laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows 7 so I havn't changed my operating system at all. Recently all of my documents have become READ ONLY. (I'm sure you're now reading this thinking same old problem) I have tried everything to rid this problem installing patches, updates, take ownership programs, HTML over-riding etc etc. I am now furious with Microsoft for not being pro-active about solving this problem as I can see litterally thousands of people are having the fault and by simply ignoring the problem instead of fixing it these thousands are just getting fuming.

Could someone please help me without forking out £££ on a new OS to fix a problem caused by Microsofts inability to resolve their mistakes?

Sunday, January 8, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• "Tom P UK" wrote in message news:dd7ba807-eaa3-4492-937a-e4fb9281ff89...

I have Windows 7 on my laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows 7 so I havn't changed my operating system at all. Recently all of my documents have become READ ONLY. (I'm sure you're now reading this thinking same old problem) I have tried everything to rid this problem installing patches, updates, take ownership programs, HTML over-riding etc etc. I am now furious with Microsoft for not being pro-active about solving this problem as I can see litterally thousands of people are having the fault and by simply ignoring the problem instead of fixing it these thousands are just getting fuming.

Could someone please help me without forking out £££ on a new OS to fix a problem caused by Microsofts inability to resolve their mistakes?

What documents are affected? – all or only one opened using an Office application?

If the latter, then your problem is that your Office installation has not been properly activated.
    You should go to the Office Answers forum for assistance - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office

If all documents are affected, then go to the Answers System Repair forums for assistance - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/system

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 8:02 PM