Help joining a meeting please RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I've been attempting to install and run an office communications server on my network over the last couple of weeks and have been running into some issues.

I've most of them ironed out, some with help from this forum, and I got Office Communicator working and interacting with other people within the network.

My problem is now the following: I am unable to create a Live Meeting event. Nether create nor join one that was created by one of my users.

When I click on Join Meeting, Microsoft Office Live Meeting opens and attempts to connect, giving the error "live meeting cannot connect to the meeting. Wait a few moments, and then try to join the meeting again."

I tried entering the "Meeting ID", "Entry Code", and "Location" manually, but nothing seems to change. The result is the error mentioned above.

Also, I get the error:

Failed to send C3P request to Mcu. Conferencing requests for this Mcu type will be retried but if this error continues to occur conferencing functionality will be affected.

Resolution: Ensure that the Mcu is provisioned and functioning correctly. If any network related errors are reported by the Mcu ensure that they are resolved.

Please help -- I feel I'm getting closer to getting this working.

Just a question, I'm trying to run this using the Standard version of Office Comm Server. Can I run live meetings using the standard version, or do I need to run enterprise?

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:39 AM

All replies

• Also, when I'm in a conversation with someone and select "share information using livemeeting", the error "Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful.".

No further errors or notes are presented there, but eventsviewer on the ocs server shows the same errors described before.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:46 AM