none
MapPoint Europe 2011 Activation with Domain Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• We're having a problem using MapPoint Europe 2011 following a 60 day trial period. I have managed to successfully activate the software under my own administrative account and can use it no problem. When one of the regular transport team logs onto the PC as a non-administrative account they are prompted to activate again.

If I attempt to activate by supplying my account credentials I can enter the product key and are prompted to activate on the internet but after that the window disappears. If I launch MapPoint Europe 2011 again it shows the activation screen.

I've noticed that the activation window displays the option to continue with a 60-day trial. That suggests they do not have read permissions for a registry key or license file location perhaps.

Can anybody help us? For reference we are using Small Business Server 2008 as a domain controller and Windows 7 SP1 32-bit client PCs.

• Edited by Sc077y Monday, August 20, 2012 2:19 PM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 2:17 PM

Answers

• Upon (finally) getting through to Microsoft technical support I was informed that  MapPoint is not supported in a domain user environment. I've gone for a refund from the store from which I bought it from.
    • Marked as answer by Sc077y Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:51 PM