none
VISUAL STUDIO 2008 DLL IN WINDOWS 10

Question

• I have a Visual Studio 2008 dll which was working fine in Windows 8.1.

The dll is called from Excel. I run Excel 2016 and have no problems in Windows 8.1.

When I upgraded the PC, with Windows 10, I installed VS2008 + SP1, installed Excel and copied over the dll.

Excel will not call it. The VB code used to call it, gets to the call line and then skips out of the class used to call the dll - as if there is something wrong with the dll call code.

What is wrong with Windows 10 in this case.

Should I just revert back to Windows 8.1?

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Answers

• HI MARK-PE,

From your description above, I'm not sure this is Windows 10 issue or Excel issue.

If the code uses the excel object model then it related with Excel for developers forum.

At the same time you can also consult the Windows experts in Windows 10 forum, and check whether they can give precise troubleshooting.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Not related  to BizTalk questions, please post in MS-Excel forums.

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:35 AM
  • HI MARK-PE,

From your description above, I'm not sure this is Windows 10 issue or Excel issue.

If the code uses the excel object model then it related with Excel for developers forum.

At the same time you can also consult the Windows experts in Windows 10 forum, and check whether they can give precise troubleshooting.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:45 AM