locked
The "PrivReportingGroup" group is not specified when installing SSRS Connector Windows Server 2008/SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I receive the error "The "PrivReportingGroup" group is not specified" when attempting to reinstall the SSRS Connector for CRM 4.0 onto a seperate SQL Server 2008 box.  I have attempted several times to specify the group object in the install-config.xml file, as well as create a standard PrivReportingGroup (no GUID).  In this environment, we have 2 servers, a dedicated CRM\Web server and a dedicated SQL 2008 server.  We were experiencing the issue of failed authentication when users attempted to run reports.  The SSRS connector successfully uninstalled, but we receive the above error on the reinstall.  Any direction would be appreciated

     

    ~ Cameron

    Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:15 PM

Answers

  • I have had the same problem but on a SQL 2005 reporting services. I tried to use a Config-file which resulted in a error with registrating the Performance counters. I found this article http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/08/mscrm-server-performance-counter-errors.html about performancecounters and ran the command lodctr /R on the Reporting server (as described in the article it creates a problem if you do it on the CRM server). Affter the command was finished I the Environental Diagnostics succeeded and all problems was gone. I assumme that the error handling is a bad and that the Error About the PrivReportingGroup is not tghe actual error.
    Friday, January 23, 2009 9:58 AM

All replies

  • Hi Cameron,

    I suspect that the installer permission doesn't have sufficient permission to create the 'PrivReportingGroup' inside the OU in the domain. Could you please check through MMC, to check whether that group is created successfully, but i guess, that group is not created properly due to some issue.

    If the particular group is created properly, the name of the group will be appended with some GUID.

    I also want to ask whether there's any issue during Environmental Diagnostic Wizard

    hope this helps,

    hadi teo
    Friday, December 5, 2008 2:05 PM
  • The error is during the Environmental Diagnostic Wizard, and it will not go forward.  I have verified the PrivReportingGroup {GUID} is in the AD, and I also created another PrivReporting group just in case.  From what you are saying, that may be extraneous.  I am running this install as the domain administrator, and that user has full rights to the OU.  Anything else I need to check into?

     

    BTW, the rest of the CRM 4.0 installation works flawlessly.  We are just having the error with the reports.

    Friday, December 5, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Hi Cameron,

    Domain Admins right is powerful enough to create an OU and write into the OU.

    Just now i googled around and find this particular article which might be useful for you :

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31701209/group-privreportinggroup.aspx

    http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-dynamics-crm/437115-group-privreportinggroup-does-not-exist.html


    Based on the above articles, there might be issues if there is a duplicate OU group.

    hope this helps,

    hadi teo
    • Proposed as answer by Max198329971 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:42 AM
    Friday, December 5, 2008 2:21 PM
  • I have had the same problem but on a SQL 2005 reporting services. I tried to use a Config-file which resulted in a error with registrating the Performance counters. I found this article http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/08/mscrm-server-performance-counter-errors.html about performancecounters and ran the command lodctr /R on the Reporting server (as described in the article it creates a problem if you do it on the CRM server). Affter the command was finished I the Environental Diagnostics succeeded and all problems was gone. I assumme that the error handling is a bad and that the Error About the PrivReportingGroup is not tghe actual error.
    Friday, January 23, 2009 9:58 AM
  • I had this error with MSCRM 2011 - the problem was that the netlogon service on my domain controller was paused.  Restarted it, and the problem went away

    http://staffing-solutions.biz

    Monday, February 20, 2012 6:08 PM