Restore problem - network card stops during Restore Wizard launch RRS feed

• Question

• This is my first time trying to restore a client volume backup from the server, and of course it's a system volume for a failed drive.

When I boot the Lenovo SL500 from the WHS cd, the activity and connection lights on the nic are lit until the Restore Wizard launches. It looks like WHS is loading the correct nic driver -- and I put a full set of drivers on a thumbdrive -- but whenever it gets to launching the Restore Wizard, the nic lights go dark. When I continue with the wizard, it doesn't find the H340 and it looks like it isn't even connecting to the router.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:54 AM

All replies

• This is my first time trying to restore a client volume backup from the server, and of course it's a system volume for a failed drive.

When I boot the Lenovo SL500 from the WHS cd, the activity and connection lights on the nic are lit until the Restore Wizard launches. It looks like WHS is loading the correct nic driver -- and I put a full set of drivers on a thumbdrive -- but whenever it gets to launching the Restore Wizard, the nic lights go dark. When I continue with the wizard, it doesn't find the H340 and it looks like it isn't even connecting to the router.

Any suggestions?

What OS was on the client?  If it was a 64-bit OS, you'll need the 32-bit driver for the NIC (preferably Vista 32-bit).  Also, if it's a RealTek NIC, you should see this FAQ post.
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:48 AM
  • Thx! Yes, it is a Realtek nic. I read the very informative FAQ and will give it a try.

The OS was Windows 7 Home 32 bit.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:05 AM