Identical Money file behaves differently on two computers. RRS feed

• Question

• I use Money (UK) on two computers, both using XP SP3. I use the "important dates" feature in Alert centre to warn me on the Home Page when investment dividends are due to be paid.

I synchronise the Money file between the two computers using LiveSynch, so the files are identical.

However, on one computer, the Alert centre opens the warning box on Home Page about ten days before an "important date" is due.

On the other computer, the warning box does not appear until the exact day of the "important date".

I have searched everywhere for a setting that controls this, but have found none. Can anybody explain this?

It is not a big issue - I can live with it - just curious about how it works.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:56 AM

All replies

• Not sure... but I went into regedit to poke around. Look for a key under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0]; look at "ReminderDays".

Compare the values on your two computers to see if the vaues would explain the times.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:19 AM
  • The values were indeed different. However, having now set them both the same, it has not made a difference. Strange - I guess it is just one of those mysteries of Money that will now never be known!
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:23 PM
  • It could take a while for any effect to become apparent. I would exit and reenter Money. Then maybe add some extra dates as tests.
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:51 PM