SQL 2012 breaks Reporting Extensions RRS feed

  • Question

  • Good Day,

    I took the plunge and upgraded my sql server 2008 R2 server to SQL 2012 BI edition. The install mostly went smoothly except that it killed my SSRS install (and the reporting extensions). After getting SSRS sorted out. I now find that I cannot get CRM reporting extensions reinstalled.

    SRSDataConnector.exe dies with an error/exit code of 5100 which apparently indicates that I have a newer C++ redist loaded. I do, since I just loaded the new SQL. When I manually try to load the libraries to confirm this I get an error telling me I need to remove the newer versions. Oddly, the error in the log file talks about C++ runtime files even though the redist files are there

    I found a note on a forum saying this was fixed in rollup 6 but how to I get the basic install to work? Can I pull download the full, patched installer somewhere? Is this one of those spots where I can play chicken with SQL, remove c++ 10 runtimes, install SRS, then reinstall VC++ 10 runtimes again - my suspicion is that Reporting Extensions will work fine under VC10 but that it's just the setup that's busted, yes?


    Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:47 PM

All replies

  • Actually what you do is go to Programs Add/Remove and look up the offending Visual C++ Runtime component then remove it.

    Install CRM Reporting extensions and then re-install the Visual C++ latest component if you feel the need to. The later Visual C++ component is used by BIDS (powered by VS 2010).

    Friday, April 20, 2012 2:54 PM
  • John McCrae, did you fix this problem. I got this problem too.

    I checked c++ redistributable version after install SQL2012. it is new than CRM reporting extensions.

    I don't know what will be happen after I remove c++ redistributable component.

    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:24 PM
  • I know this topic seems to be dead since a long time, but when I googled about this problem it is one of the very first page results to come up, and it is unanswered.

    I eventually found that there's a download here that fixes this issue:



    Monday, April 15, 2013 6:50 PM