How do I import media playlist onto my Windows 7 PC without directly copying the media? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I import media playlist onto my Windows 7 PC without directly copying the media? I read this was a feature with Power Pack 3.

Thanks

James A+, Network+, MCP
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:20 PM

All replies

• On 6/24/2010 2:20 PM, jshoemaker21 wrote:

How do I import media playlist onto my Windows 7 PC without directly copying the media? I read this was a feature with Power Pack 3.

Thanks

Hello jshoemaker21,

If I understand you correctly, you want to add the music to your library on Windows 7 (Windows Media Player) that you've got stored on your home server?

If so, the way that I accomplished this was to open "Computer" (or Windows Explorer) and go to your Libraries.  Right click on the Music Library and choose Properties.  Click on "Include a folder" and point to your "My Music" folder on your server (probably through Network and then clicking on your server).  Click on Include folder.  Then click OK.

After that, you should be able to open Windows Media Player, and it will show the music that's on your home server as well as on your computer.

If you mean a wpl file (or other playlist file), you should be able to navigate to that playlist file and double click it.  It'll open in Windows Media Player (or your default music player) without an issue.

Hope this helps, and have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Have you updated today?
    http://update.microsoft.com

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:13 PM
  • How do I import media playlist onto my Windows 7 PC without directly copying the media? I read this was a feature with Power Pack 3.

Thanks

James A+, Network+, MCP
    Once the updated (Power Pack 3) Connector is installed on your Win7 client, the media library on your Win7 client should automatically start populating with music/videos/photos from your server's shares.  If that didn't happen, PatrickDickey's method is how you do it manually.
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:23 PM