ribbon workbench disabled! why? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had problems installing the ribbon workbench?

I've installed this before on a number of systems and it works. I've just installed it on another system and while it claims to have installed and appears the icon to get into the ribbon workbench is disabled. Anyone seen this issue before or any ideas why it might not be enabled?

• Edited by J N Brand Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:05 AM
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• If only you could use the ribbon workbench to edit the button, oh the irony.

I take it you did a full refresh of the browser after installing the solution, and you're a System Admin?

You should be able to open the ribbon workbench solution, and access the full ribbon workbench from the configuration page.

Or, just browse directly to the web resource, which is all the button does anyway:
    http://server-name/org-name/WebResources/dev1_ribbonworkbench.htm

If all else fails, I'm sure Scott will see your post ;)

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:35 AM
  • As so often the solution is reboot everything, offer up a prayer to your favourite deity, wait five minutes for CRM to notice it's actually been asked to do something and hope for the best. Then if you're lucky and ie's concept of caching isn't playing silly buggers and CRM hasn't cached dead code from an old version and nothing actually times out it might work. The solution works but CRM didn't want to let it run.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Hi!

Sometimes Commands don't get published when the button does which results in buttons being disabled. As Paul says, you can do an iisreset to clear this out - or you can wait 60 minutes for the cache to timeout.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd try removing the Ribbon Workbench Solution and then re-installing it. 

When you say that the 'solution works but CRM didn't want to let it run' - does that mean that browsing directly to the RWB solution configuration page doesn't work as well?

P.S.I replied to your ticket on uservoice.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:17 AM
    Answerer