WHS digital media server error RRS feed

• Question

• In my WHS in the server setting page you can enable or disable the digital media server (v1.6). However when I enable the digital media server, click on 'apply" and click on "ok", and op the settings page again, the digital media server is again automatically disabled. Also get WiDMS.exe error (which keeps on popping up after send the message to windows or not). Probably related to each other, however I can't find a solution. Can anyone help / advice me?

(Running WHS power pack 3 on Acer H340, auto update is activated.)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:50 PM

Answers

• Please logon to your server using remote desktop, then in the file C:\Program Files\Wistron\WiDMS\cds.conf remove "C:" from the database path or alternatively remove the line with Prefix C:, than make sure there's C:\ in front of every path.

Best backup (copy) the cds.conf file before making any changes

• Marked as answer by r_smits Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:08 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:23 PM

All replies

• Please logon to your server using remote desktop, then in the file C:\Program Files\Wistron\WiDMS\cds.conf remove "C:" from the database path or alternatively remove the line with Prefix C:, than make sure there's C:\ in front of every path.

• Marked as answer by r_smits Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:08 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:23 PM

Thanks for helping me out!
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:10 PM