Backup failed because the computer restarted RRS feed

• Question

• A failure in a data cable (ATA ribbon cable) in on of my computer resulted in a boot failure during an automatic backup period.  Since then, every time I try to back up that computer I get an error message "Backup failed because your computer restarted".  I have removed the computer from the server, re-installed the connector software and still get the same problem.  Any suggestions?

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:54 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem (mine just restarts when the backup starts).  I received advice from another member that told me to check the motherboard storage drivers.  Do not use the windows default driver, but instead go to the board manufacturer and get the storage driver.  I have not had a chance to do it yet but it makes sense.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:34 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. I have installed all the latest drivers for my motherboard, but nothing seem to help. In my case the problem was there from the start. I have to use another program to back up my computer to the home Server. Grateful for help - suggestions
    Monday, February 25, 2008 9:44 PM
  • I found a solution that worked for me. Check the thread:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2956273&SiteID=50&mode=1 
    I am happily running backups now.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:48 PM