Error message after installing PP2 Media Center Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I'm really jazzed about the Media Center Connector concept and installed in promptly. I added a couple shows to the Recorded TV folder on the WHS and then attempted to play them from the VMC client. I got this message:

Disk Error
    A temporary problem occurred when windows media center attempted to play TV.

Any thoughts on how to fix it. It happened on two separate machines, each Vista Ultimate machines.

Jeff
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:16 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the help. I looked around a bit more and discovered that it was a permissions issue. The machines in question had user accounts for which the default permissions were set to None. I changed this to Full Access and all worked perfectly.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:13 AM

All replies

• MacJeff said:

I'm really jazzed about the Media Center Connector concept and installed in promptly. I added a couple shows to the Recorded TV folder on the WHS and then attempted to play them from the VMC client. I got this message:

Disk Error
    A temporary problem occurred when windows media center attempted to play TV.

Any thoughts on how to fix it. It happened on two separate machines, each Vista Ultimate machines.

Jeff

Did you try rebooting both your client and server?  Are you able to play TV shows from the MC computer?
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:53 PM
  • Thanks for the help. I looked around a bit more and discovered that it was a permissions issue. The machines in question had user accounts for which the default permissions were set to None. I changed this to Full Access and all worked perfectly.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:13 AM