none
Synchronizing file from "C:\folderName" to web server "http://localhost:80/Content/Files/"

Question

• Dear friends, 

I want to synchronize folder/sub-folders/files from file system to web-server/local-server

My application is working fine as long as i give source and destination path as local directories("C:\Source", "C:\ Destination" , but when i change it source from "C:\Source" to "web server" using WebRequest method i get exception of "URI formats are not supported"

WebRequest serverAdress = WebRequest.Create("http://localhost:80/Content/Files/") as HttpWebRequest;

serverAdress.Method = "POST";

serverAdress.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("http://localhost:80/", "Anonymous");

startSync(serverAdress.RequestUri.ToString(), thisUser);

And here is my synchronization function

private bool Synchronize(String source, String destination)
            {
                SyncOperationStatistics syncOperationStatistics;
                //Assign Unique Guids to the source and destination replicas
                sourceReplicaID = GetReplicaID(Path.Combine(source, "ReplicaID"));
                destinationReplicaID = GetReplicaID(Path.Combine(destination, "ReplicaID"));

//Create the source Sync Provider, attach the path and assign the ReplicaID
                sourceProvider = new FileSyncProvider(sourceReplicaID, source);
                //Create the destination Sync Provider, attach the path and assign the ReplicaID
                destinationProvider = new FileSyncProvider(destinationReplicaID, destination);

SyncOrchestrator synchronizationAgent = new SyncOrchestrator();
                synchronizationAgent.LocalProvider = sourceProvider;
                synchronizationAgent.RemoteProvider = destinationProvider;

try
                {
                    //Start the synchronization process
                    syncOperationStatistics = synchronizationAgent.Synchronize();

//Assign synchronization statistics to the lstStatistics control

//listBox1.Items.Add("Download Applied: " + syncOperationStatistics.DownloadChangesApplied.ToString());
                    //listBox1.Items.Add("Download Failed: " + syncOperationStatistics.DownloadChangesFailed.ToString());
                    //listBox1.Items.Add("Download Total: " + syncOperationStatistics.DownloadChangesTotal.ToString());
                    //listBox1.Items.Add("Upload Total: " + syncOperationStatistics.UploadChangesApplied.ToString());
                    //listBox1.Items.Add("Upload Total: " + syncOperationStatistics.UploadChangesFailed.ToString());
                    //listBox1.Items.Add("Upload Total: " + syncOperationStatistics.UploadChangesTotal.ToString());
                }
                catch (Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncException se)
                {
                    MessageBox.Show(se.Message, "Sync Files - Error");
                    return false;
                }
                finally
                {
                    // Release resources once done
                    if (sourceProvider != null)
                        sourceProvider.Dispose();
                    if (destinationProvider != null)
                        destinationProvider.Dispose();
                }