none
uninstalling problems in windows 8.1

Question

• I am trying to uninstall farcry from my hardrive but it just stops working and won't let me then I get a fatal 1603 error,  can anybody help me with this problem please,  many thanks.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, September 14, 2015 2:12 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, September 14, 2015 2:12 PM

All replies

• Run the Fix-it application:

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, September 13, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Thank you for your reply S.Sengupta,  but please what is the fix-it application.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 12:48 AM
  • Thank you for your reply S.Sengupta,  but please what is the fix-it application.

This is an application which when you will run,it will fix the problem automatically. In the above KB Article [ Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled  ] press on Run now to execute it.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:16 AM
  • S. Sengupta,  thank you very much for all your help,  managed
    to get the programme uninstalled,  but now I cannot reinstall it as I have a
    fatal 1603 error which is what started this whole thing in the beginning and
    also have msvcp71.dll missing.  Its all very complicated.

But once again,  I do appreciate all your help.
    Cheers,
    Sunday, September 13, 2015 7:36 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

• Thank you Karl, have posted where you suggested so hopefully somebody may be able to come up with an answer.

Sandy Luxford

Monday, September 14, 2015 7:11 PM