some code error in the excersise book of sql server2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I am trying to learn sql server2008 from the book mike hotek mstc exam 70-432 wat the book tells me first download adventureworks*.msi file ,but I found from internet  that this file is replaced with adventureworks2008_SR4 so I downloaded this file and installed it.after the book tells me start new query and enter the following code  and execute

EXEC

sp_configure ' filestream_acces_level' 2

;

GO

RECONFIGURE

GO

RESTORE

DATABASE AdventureWorks FROM DISK='C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorks2008.bak' WITH RECOVERY

;

GO

RESTORE

DATABASE AdventureWorksDW FROM DISK='C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorksDW2008.bak' WITH RECOVERY

;

Go

so I did it    and he gives this error code  

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1

Incorrect syntax near '2'.

Msg 3201, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorks2008.bak'. Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Msg 3201, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Samples\AdventureWorksDW2008.bak'. Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.   I don't know wat to do and i don't understand nothing I konnow something is wrong. i am just start to learn SQL server2008 .can somebody give me advise wat to do.

thanks

johan

h.david
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

All replies