none
How to implement application tracing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to implement audit trail logs for my application i.e. when we visit a part of application, it gets logged. And we can pull out data for it. Like who all visited the page when.

Please suggest some ideas.

• Moved by Fred Bao Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:16 AM Web Related
    Monday, June 8, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• This sounds like a web app in which case you should look at Google analytics.  But questions related to web apps should be posted in the ASP.NET forums (http://forums.asp.net ).
    Monday, June 8, 2015 8:31 PM
  • Hello Harshul Antriwale,

>>I want to implement audit trail logs for my application i.e. when we visit a part of application, it gets logged. And we can pull out data for it. Like who all visited the page when.

From your description, it seems you want a log for your application, if so, you could check this article:

As Easy As Falling Off a Log: Using the Logging Application Block

And as CoolDadTx mentions, if you are working with ASP.NET, the asp.net forum is more proper for your issue.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:21 AM