none
Changing language RRS feed

• Question

• If I change language from English to Spanish (for example) using the top drop down, there is no way to change it back using the same drop down as it's no longer a drop down, but just a text. I have to change the URL manually to go back to English.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Naomi and Richard,

Just tested with IE10 and the latest Chrome <26.0.1410.43 m> and got the same results as Richard experienced:

Switch locale/language within TN forums, it's only a dropdown list.

Switch locale/language within MSDN forums, it opens the "Select Your Country/Region" page for choosing, and it works as expected if you change the locale back.

The difference with locale change on MSDN and TN would be by design.

Visual Studio Cloud Services

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:47 AM

All replies

• My experience is different. When I change langauge I still have the drop down box and I can select English. Also, I can click Back to return to the previous view. I'm still on IE 9.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:45 PM
  • I've just re-checked (I am using Google Chrome) and I am no longer seeing the drop down for English as it was before. Right now I am seeing a link and when I click on it, it opens a separate page where I can select the language. Yesterday I am sure it was a drop down. Most likely the view depends on how (from which forum) you access it.

Right now I'm in this forum (in this thread) and this is where I see that control as plain link. Yesterday I was switching language in T-SQL forum as I needed to move some threads to a different language forum.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:49 PM
  • I was in the TechNet view. I switched to MSDN and I see what you mean, clicking on the language brings up another screen where you select a language. I wonder if this is being revised.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:38 PM
  • I submitted a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:38 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Naomi and Richard,

Just tested with IE10 and the latest Chrome <26.0.1410.43 m> and got the same results as Richard experienced:

Switch locale/language within TN forums, it's only a dropdown list.

Switch locale/language within MSDN forums, it opens the "Select Your Country/Region" page for choosing, and it works as expected if you change the locale back.

The difference with locale change on MSDN and TN would be by design.

Visual Studio Cloud Services

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:47 AM