Renewals RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Microsoft is so stupid. They notify me that my suscription expires today, never ask for a renewal, and have to link to pay for a renewal.Than they make their system difficlt to navigate. Too bad, I would have renewed. Oh well, I'll find ther providers who have sililiar software.
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:15 PM

All replies

•  

Check out my problem:  My Onecare is showing a FAIR, YELLOW status now.  Not because something important is turned off or that I have a virus/internet problem.  No.  It's YELLOW  because my subscription is going to expire in less than 30 days!

Shouldn't the RED, YELLOW, GREEN Status reflect the state of my PC and it's current security status and NOT that I need to spend more money? It's ablsolutely ridiculous.  A simple reminder message would be perfect.

Now for the next 30 day, my Onecare will apprently show YELLOW until I buy another year's service.  That's not right.

Sunday, December 2, 2007 8:26 PM
  • Yellow means that there is an action for you to take. Red means that there is a risk. So, yellow is appropriate for a renewal reminder, though I can see why you don't care for that.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 12:50 AM
  • Can you tell me if it is possible to purchase a copy of Onecare at a retail location and use it to extend my service?  I don't see any option in Onecare to input a code or registration number.

Thank you!

Monday, December 3, 2007 3:22 AM
  • Yes. Go to http://billing.microsoft.com, sign in with your subscription LiveID, select the OneCare subscription, click renew, select the option to use a token - this is the product key.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 4:07 AM
  • Renewal is a nightmare and doesn't work. You would think it would be easy: Purchase a store copy or extend your subscription online.but neither of them work and this forum is of no help.  Copy and pasted answers don't help people with individual problems.

I was forced to uninstall my Onecare since it wouldn't let me extend the subscription.  I went to Fry's and purchased a $60.00 copy of McAfee Internet Security 2008 and received a $60.00 rebate. Nice.   Here is the link:   http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5300128

Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:02 PM
  •  Antigreek wrote:

Renewal is a nightmare and doesn't work. You would think it would be easy: Purchase a store copy or extend your subscription online.but neither of them work and this forum is of no help.  Copy and pasted answers don't help people with individual problems.

I was forced to uninstall my Onecare since it wouldn't let me extend the subscription.  I went to Fry's and purchased a $60.00 copy of McAfee Internet Security 2008 and received a $60.00 rebate. Nice.   Here is the link:   http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5300128

Enjoy.

I wish you luck with the McAfee suite. I don't know what your problem was, but I can assure you that you can extend your subscription with a retail product key following the instruction in the post above yours and you can renew with a credit card from within OneCare or at the Billing site.

And, as a subscriber, you had the option to contact support. Yes, it can be a hassle, but it works.

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:29 AM