locked
SOAP Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've been looking for a while now for a solution to our problem, and as yet haven't found an answer, so I thought I'd ask here.
    Our problem is: we've deployed CRM to about 120 computers so far, however one laptop has an issue with SOAP on it. We've tried repairing, uninstalling, and reinstalling CRM, SQL, .Net, anything that was installed as part of CRM, but to no avail. When the user tries to go offline, CRM starts going through the motions, and then pops up a "SOAP Fault Bucket" error. To my knowledge there is no way to seperate SOAP from the XP system files, hence I can't repair SOAP (or can I?). My question to you is: is there a way to "repair" SOAP, short of using the XP System disc, or is this simply a problem with CRM that we've missed along the way ? Well, I look forward to any suggestions, but at this rate if we don't sort it soon we'll have to re-image the computer, just to get this sorted so they can go offline and work on CRM out of the office.

    Thanks,
    Gareth
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:30 PM

Answers

  • As far as I know there are 2 client components that are involved with SOAP communication;

    1. The MSXML Parser (CRM requires v4, sp2 or higher. I;ve got an XP machine running v 6.0 quite happily with CRM)
    2. The .Net framework 1.1 assemblies System.Xml.dll and System.Xml.Services.dll, which are in the GAC

    You could try reinstalling either of these; it may help. I'd start with the MSXML parser

    Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:30 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • As far as I know there are 2 client components that are involved with SOAP communication;

    1. The MSXML Parser (CRM requires v4, sp2 or higher. I;ve got an XP machine running v 6.0 quite happily with CRM)
    2. The .Net framework 1.1 assemblies System.Xml.dll and System.Xml.Services.dll, which are in the GAC

    You could try reinstalling either of these; it may help. I'd start with the MSXML parser

    Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:30 AM
    Moderator
  • David,
    Thanks for the reply, I've reinstalled .net several times, and tried the V3C client, to no avail. I installed the MSXML Parser V6, and CRM refused to work, uninstalled CRM et al, went to reinstall (with the MSXML Parser 6 installed) and CRM flatly refused to install without MSXML Parser V4 SP2, inspite of it having V6 on it. I'm thinking that this is a matter of some system SOAP files being corrupted, and from what I can gather, SOAP is integrated with XP Pro, so I'm kinda out of ideas. Thanks for the help though.

    Cheers,
    Gareth
    Thursday, August 9, 2007 12:59 PM
  • I'd just like to correct myself, SOAP is in part supplied by .Net and in part by Mdac (and also partly linked into XP itself) so, to repair Mdac 2.81 for windows XP sp2 (XP without SP2 can just download mdac 2.8, SP2 uses 2.81 which you can't download off the MS site)

     

    1)      In explorer, go to C:\Windows\Inf

    2)      in …\Inf right click on Mdac.inf and then click “Install”

    3)      When prompted for the XP SP2 cd, insert it and then browse to (assuming the CD drive is D): D:\I386\ and then click "Open".


    It should now go through and reinstall itself, no message at the end for me.


    Edit: I haven't been able to test this to see if it fixes the problem, when I have I shall post back here success or failure.


    Monday, August 13, 2007 2:43 PM