none
Lorex 4 Port PCI Digital Video Recorder - Model QLR0440 RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought this hardware hoping to install it on my WHS system to be able to monitor security cameras. The documentation says it works with Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista but not WHS or Windows 2003.

When I installed the card, at first WHS did not even recognize that I had added new hardware. After going through the wizzard, was able to have it look and find the drivers. Unfortunately it would not load the driver with error code 10. I then updated to the Vista drivers and have the same problem.

I hate to have to return the hardware, but I would like to be able to monitor the video cameras from any PC in my home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:09 AM

Answers

• Windows Home Server is based on a version of Small Business Server, which in turn is based on Windows Server 2003. If the manufacturer says the card doesn't work with Windows Server 2003, it won't work with Windows Home Server.

Sorry.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:14 AM
  • I would recommend you seek assistance from the manufacturer.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:48 AM

All replies

• Windows Home Server is based on a version of Small Business Server, which in turn is based on Windows Server 2003. If the manufacturer says the card doesn't work with Windows Server 2003, it won't work with Windows Home Server.

Sorry.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:14 AM
  • It doesn't specifically state that it does not work with Windows 2003 or any other OS for that matter, just that it does work with 2000/NT/XP/Vista and even 98. It seems to me that if it works on all of those, it should work on WHS. Most all of the technology is NT based anyway. Smile

Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:44 AM
  • I would recommend you seek assistance from the manufacturer.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:48 AM
  • Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:10 PM
  • qlr0440 only works on 32 bit operating system
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:09 PM