Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• What is the maximum size that the data volume can get.  I currently have 15 TB and I want to add more drives.

What is the maximum phyiscal drives can be attached to Whs, I wanting to get 2TB drive, and I know that there is 4TB drives out there.

thanks
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:27 PM

All replies

• Microsoft hasn't told us how large the storage pool can get. There will be a practical limit, I'm sure, but I've heard of pools much larger than yours.

As for large drives, the maximum that Windows Home Server supports is 2 TB.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:14 PM
  • You might be interested in this post - though a little old shows you still have room for expansion :-)  Though I'd be carefully of expanding the pool on USB for performance reasons.
    --
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:17 PM
  • Also be aware, that there are situations, in which you may need to recover the entire data stored on the home server: Overvoltage, fire, theft are issues, in which the server as a single point of failure can be blown up completely, so that you need something to be able to restore the important data.
    (Of course I don't know, how important your data is, but before this gets forgotten, I should have mentioned this.)
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:24 PM