none
Can't access forums with my Live ID: ASP.NET Runtime Error (yellow page of death) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

For some time (couple of months maybe) I've been unable to use these MSDN forums when I'm signed in with my main Live ID. This live ID has a MSDN and Technet subscriptions associated (or is linked to accounts who have), but that's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Could someone help me out here?

My Live ID: pedro .at. notself dot org and the error is the standard uncaught exception page from ASP.NET

Thanks

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• unable to use these MSDN forums when I'm signed in with my main Live ID

Some, using IE, can avoid this symptom by using InPrivate Browsing.   Ctrl-Shift-P.

Another, more persistent case was supposedly solved by stopping the WLIDSVC service or uninstalling the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant.

---

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:37 PM
  • Sorry, I don't think you understood the problem. I'm seeing an ASP.NET error page when I use my main Live ID. I guess we all agree that I don't have to do anything on my computer to solve this... Sure Incognito/InPrivate will "solve" the issue as I'm not logged with anymore. That doesn't seem like a fix, does it?

I wonder if anyone from MS read these forums. I have an MSDN and Technet account and cannot use the official support forums.. WTF? Do I have to ring Bill?

Friday, September 14, 2012 1:39 PM
  • I don't think you understood the problem.

Sounded like you were looking for a workaround ("unable to use") not just reporting yet another instance of a known but apparently still undiagnosed symptom.

Good luck

Robert
    ---

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:16 PM
  • For subscription issues, inquire here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnfeedback/threads

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:52 PM
    Owner
  • Robert's right. This is pretty open ended. Could be anything. Are you on a mobile device? You could try deleting your browser history or trying another browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome). To submit a direct request, use the Site Feedback link at the bottom of the page.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:55 PM
    Owner