none
Transfer Points from old Forums Account to a new one RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

since i started answering Question in the MSDN forums i got a new WIndows-Live ID that i´m currently using.

Thats why i need to know if there is a way to transfer my points from my old account to my new one.

I´m grateful for any help.

Cheers, Jörn Bosse
    Microsoft Studentpartner
    Friday, March 18, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Moved thread from German MSDN Forum (From:Off-Topic)
    This post is powered by www.Giza-Blog.de | Sie besuchen MSDN heute zum ersten Mal?
    MSDN Online | Follow MSDN Online on Twitter | Follow Kay Giza on Twitter
    Tagesaktuelle News & Infos für Entwickler finden Sie auf MSDN Aktuell
    ~~ So melden Sie Forum-Probleme, -Bugs oder -Verbesserungsvorschläge ~~
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:26 AM
  • We are currently investigating options for switching which Live ID is associated to your profile which would provide you with what you want. Stay tuned.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Hello everybody

since i started answering Question in the MSDN forums i got a new WIndows-Live ID that i´m currently using.

Thats why i need to know if there is a way to transfer my points from my old account to my new one.

I´m grateful for any help.

make an hotmail-ac.t and link in the acounts

Cheers, Jörn Bosse
    Microsoft Studentpartner

SEB
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Hey Sean,

any progress?? I would like to switch my liveID too, have few points on the old one ...

This might be really helpfull.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Use the site feedback link at the bottom of the page to contact us with your Live ID details (what email you use now, what email you want to use) and we can get that in motion for you.
    • Marked as answer by Pan Zhang Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:15 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Hey Sean,

there is no link at the bottom of the page of the forums. And the link on the main technet site i tried, but i got a response, that they can help me only with my subscription and this liveID transfer has to be handled by "forum guys" :)

Friday, July 15, 2011 5:07 PM
  • One more case is Kent Waldrop http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/169319e2-235b-41d7-ac90-e29ce81adce8

He has 3 accounts, I'm wondering if you can merge 3 of them together?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:43 PM
  • There is no ability to merge accounts, only to change the Live ID associated with a profile.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Friday, July 15, 2011 8:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pan Zhang Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:14 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Hey Sean,

there is no link at the bottom of the page of the forums. And the link on the main technet site i tried, but i got a response, that they can help me only with my subscription and this liveID transfer has to be handled by "forum guys" :)

I guess I need to speak to those folks who are sending you the wrong direction.

Use this link and put in there to send it over to me. We can work on it from there.

https://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/mailform/contactus.aspx?refurl=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fProfile%2fthread%2fddfb2508-3a9e-4f12-abab-e55e21d42086

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hi Sean,

I have both profiles:

{email address removed} [ migrated from an old one by mistake ]

and

{email address removed} [ my current profile ]

I would like to join both profiles in my current.

I have a lot of contributions in my old profile as you can see: 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/juan%20carlos%20ruiz%20%5Bbogotadotnet.org%5D/

I really would like to have all this contributions attached to my current profile,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/juan%20carlos%20ruiz%20pacheco/

please helpme.

Juan Carlos Ruiz Pacheco - Microsoft MVP Visual C#
    Visita mi blog:

C#, XNA, Win32 - http://juank.black-byte.com

Twitter: @JuanKRuiz
    Facebook: Arquitecto de Software

• Edited by Sean Jenkin Monday, July 25, 2011 5:13 PM email address removal
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:54 PM
  • Juan - It's not possible for us to MERGE accounts together. I can't take your points and achievements and merge them into another account. We don't have that functionality at this time. I can only change which Live ID is associated with which profile.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:56 PM
  • I see. Will it be possible in the near future? I think it is important for some users who had multiple accounts to have them merged and points summed up.

My blog
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:05 PM
  • It's on the backlog to support merging. Part of getting all the parts of MSDN and TechNet on to one recognition program is helping us get to profile merging.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:09 PM
  • Ok, hopefully you'll be able to work on the merging once the recognition will get going. I think it's important to have it done at some point!

My blog
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Ok sent through the feedback link. Hopefully this will reach you Sean.

Thanks anyway.

Marek

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:52 PM
  • Hi Sean

I dont know how to contact you directly, I have two email id's and one profile. I want to change the email id that is linked to the profile.

As per your discussion below it shows that you can do it. Can you please do it for me 

Profile name : Surendra GM

currently linked email id: {removed email address}

wanted to change it (email id) : {removed email address}  

Thanks

Surendra

• Edited by Sean Jenkin Monday, July 25, 2011 5:10 PM email address removal
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:39 PM
  • BTW, do you want to change e-mail address for alerts or Live ID? If the former, then you can just change it in your settings. It gives you an option to change e-mail address.

My blog
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:44 PM
  • I want to change for the sign in not for alerts
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Please transfer my forum points also, from

{email address removed}

to 

{email address removed}

-Thameem

Thameem
    • Edited by Sean Jenkin Monday, July 25, 2011 5:10 PM email address removal
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:32 AM
  • PLEASE, do not post your email addresses in the forum threads. It's just a call for spammers to slam your inbox.

Click HERE and submit your information via our Site Feedback system. That way we can confirm who you are and reach out if we have any questions.

• Edited by Sean Jenkin Monday, July 25, 2011 5:14 PM new window for link
    • Marked as answer by Pan Zhang Friday, January 6, 2012 2:12 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:13 PM
  • I'm trying to get this done too at the moment, but I seem to be going around & around in circles, with the person handling it asking me to create first a new ID profile, now a new MSDN profile.

There seems to be a language problem. It's getting very confusing for something that should be so simple as to swap the Live ID that is currently associated with my MSDN profile for a different one. I just want to log into my MSDN profile with a different Live ID than I currently do now, just like Surrenda stated.

I've asked for my request to be escalated. I also tried to CC you Ed, but the Microsoft address I "guessed" was rejected as not existing.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:39 AM
  • Just found a wiki article, written by Ed Price:

How to Request Your Email or Live ID Changed on an MSDN or TechNet Profile

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Ed was able to get my live ID's switched, but I've now discovered an unexpected consequence. All of my extensions & samples now appear with the wrong live ID, so instead of people seeing the amount of experience I've accrued, it looks like I'm some newcomer, with no experience.

Here is what my extensions (& samples look like):

Here's my actual achievements etc:

You can see the very obvious difference, & I'm sure you can understand why it concerns me. Anyone come across this? Ed, can you suggest a way of getting this sorted out?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:15 PM
  • I have the same problem =(   I need to transfer my Microsoft social/forum profile to my new Microsoft Account. I've contacted the Site Feedback system back in January and I did initially get a response from Microsoft stating that they could help me... however, subsequent inquiries / attempts to contact Microsoft again failed =(  I am still left in limbo and it is a real pain juggling multiple Microsoft accounts. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:16 PM
  • I suggest trying to contact fissues at microsoft dot com and tell them you have this important problem to solve. I hope you will get help quicker this way.

My blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Same problem here ... Is there any solution?

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:07 AM
  • No, you would not be able to transfer points. You can only switch accounts. Even though that thread is 2 years old, nothing was implemented to allow merging of accounts.

My blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:58 AM