Outbound calls failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to makes outbound calls by a test OCS enviroment and we cannot do that. 

We have fallowed the white papper configuration about Voip Guide, step by step but it didn't work.

Everyone can help me about what I have to take care implementing this?

Reggards,

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

• Sorry for my delay.

Yes, we solve the problem changing the gateway for another that Microsoft trusted.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Monday, June 4, 2007 10:07 PM

All replies

• What does the validation say?

What error message does the communicator give, do you get a dialtone?

How does your setup look like?

If you start a log session on your mediation server when you try to call, what does the log says?

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:09 AM
  • 1) The validation say:

Check Pool Service Listening Port Settings   Error: Service TCP listening ports are not the same on pool member servers.
    labdom3oc02.dom3.domlab.tst: (TCP, 29141) (TCP, 5060) (MTLS, 5061) (IMMCU, 5062) (ACPMCU, 5064) (DataMCU, 8057) (AVMCU, 5063, [49152, 65535])
      Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

2) There are two instance...if I check the box "phone system integration" on Phone tab, an alarm appear on the OC that indicate me "no found your telephone system" and if I don't check the box, when I call some one using OC it never ring the phone of the person who I am calling.

3) I have 2 OCS 2007 standard edition, one as a Front end server and the other as a Mediation server and I have a Gateway.

Friday, April 20, 2007 5:06 PM
  • Hi DrBCG,

Is this only for outbound calls? Are you able to make incoming calls? Are you able to make calls between MOC 2007 clients?

Do you have any event logs? Can you see the call hitting your VOIP gateway?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:47 PM
  • 1) No, this is for outbound - inbound calls.

2) No, I'm not able to make incoming calls.

3) Yes, I'm able using PC to PC calls.

4) I don't know where I have to see any OCS logs (can you help me).

5)No calls come to the gateway. I use a trafic analyzer and we found that the mediation server try to communicate to the gateway by port 0 using UDP.  

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 1:24 PM
  • Which gateway device are you using (and firmware version)?  Have you configured call routing to appropriately send and receive data to and from the gateway and mediation server?  I believe this info will help to diagnose the issue.

Tom

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:30 PM
  • Have you configured the mediation server via the OCS Admin console? The mediation server should not be trying to communicate over port 0. From the OCS Admin console, right click on the mediation server and go to Properties. Here you can configure the IP that it is listening to OCS on and the IP it is listening t othe gateway on. The mediation server listens on 5061 for OCS and 5060 for the gateway. You'll also need to supply the next hop IP address of the gateway and the location profile associated with this mediation server.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:35 PM
  • I know all that you wrote me, and I have configured the ocs and the mediation just like you are telling me in this answer, but I was checking the trffic between mediation and gateway and the first one try to connect to the gateway using port 0.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:57 PM
  • Have you changed the default settings for the ports on the Mediation Server's properties?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:14 PM
  • No, I didn't
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:01 AM
  • Is there a problem if I've installed the mediation server on a virtual machine?
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:59 PM
  • Hi DrBCG,

In my test environment, i've also installed the mediation server on a virtual machine without any issues.

Regards,

Dieter

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:15 AM
  • So, just to confirm. When you make a call, you can see that it gets forwarded by the OCS server to the Mediation server and that the Mediation server tries to forward to the gateway. Is that correct?

But for some reason the mediation server is sending the call to the gateway using port 0?

The virtual server would not cause this.

Please confirm that this is your scenario.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:00 PM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? Have you found a resolution? If so, can you share it with the forums? If not, please let us know your current configuration and what you have tried out?
    Monday, June 4, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Sorry for my delay.

Yes, we solve the problem changing the gateway for another that Microsoft trusted.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Monday, June 4, 2007 10:07 PM