Using the Sync framework with OR/M Persistence Layers RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have to be the one to ask the question that all developers must be wondering about.  I use a Persistence framework from DevExpress (the eXpress Persistence Objects framework), but using that, or nHibernate maybe, how, or what is the support currently, and going to be for these frameworks?

Does anyone have any examples with embedding the use of the Sync Framework with any sort of Persistence framework, so that the UI and BLL code wouldn't change, but the idea of being able to use the Sync Framwork could be done?

I've been working on a system which depends on being disconnected, and occasionally uploads its internal data with a central data store.  To get it to be bi-directional, it's either going to be heavy lifting on my part, or using the Sync Fx to do the job.  I would prefer to use the Sync fx to be honest.

Thanks.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:00 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:31 AM

Answers

• I dont know about the other framework you describe.

If Microsoft Sync framework is already doing the things you want to and it also provides easier ways of doing things you want to, then why are you not using it.

Are there any hurdles or rodblocks you are hitting?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:09 AM