Exceeded Product Key and Cannot Activate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my problem is that I am unable to activate windows xp by internet because it says that I have exceeded number of activations for the product key.  I am using a genuine Windows XP that came with my computer when I bought it.

I recently had to reformat becuase the computer was bloated with spyware and adware, but now I can no longer activate windows.  I have read around the forums and I am given the idea that I should phone the customer service that the "Activate Windows" gives.

I have tried this already, however neither of the numbers given work.  The toll-free number (Canada) 888-571-2048, just gives me a busy tone no matter what time of the day I call, and the toll number 716-871-2929, just rings once and says "Sorry, the number you have reached is not in service, please check the number and dial again."

I have already emailed customer service about this problem, however all reply with is how to activate and redirects me towards some activation articles that do not help.

Is there any other number I can dial or what time of the day should I be calling?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 6:07 PM

Answers

•  

SpiritForm,

I'm glad to hear that you passed activation.  You may have been experiencing some land line issues at the time but

it doesn't seem to have been product activation related. 

Have a nice day!

Lori MS

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:30 PM

All replies

• Ok I solved the problem, it seems that if I use my cell phone to call, it apparently works.  But it didn't work with any of the home phones, wonder why.
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 7:23 PM
  •  

SpiritForm,

I'm glad to hear that you passed activation.  You may have been experiencing some land line issues at the time but

it doesn't seem to have been product activation related. 

Have a nice day!

Lori MS

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:30 PM
  • My number has exceeded too... and if I don't activate in 30 days, I it won't let me log in. Is there a website where I could enter my product key and give me another? Or  something of the sort... It annoys me that I have to call microsoft every time I format my pc...

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:01 PM
  •  Kimchen wrote:

My number has exceeded too... and if I don't activate in 30 days, I it won't let me log in. Is there a website where I could enter my product key and give me another? Or  something of the sort... It annoys me that I have to call microsoft every time I format my pc...

There are only two (2) methods to Activate a Windows installation:

1)  Via the internet

or

2)  Via a telephone

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:14 PM