Trouble deleting a disk RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a couple of year ago a WHS based on a 2 Sata Disk of 400Gb capacity.

Now running out of space i added up a 1Tb disk and because i have only a 2 bay disck  machine I decided to replace one of the 400Gb to be used in another machine.

All done easily until the deleting of the datadisk. after many hours working i got a message of "Confict de suppression de disque dur" that does not mean very much to me.

Aftyer that there is a list of 4 files all in the same directory and for each one the note "the file exists"

A note below the list says in French "To know how to solve thie confilct click on Help"

Unfortunately there is no help for this particular problem.

I tried to delete the files from a connected machine but a message says that is impossible due to the CRC.

Has anyone an idea on how to sort it out?

The Home server is working even if strangely slower than before, but at least i m not stuck.

Thank you in advance

Claudio

Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Claudio,

which version does your WHS Console show in Settings/Resources? Some of these removal issues have been fixed in some of the recent upgrades.
    The other method would be to remove the disk physically (assuming all your shared folders are duplicated this should be not dangerous for data, besides maybe the backup database) and after doing so remove it from console.

The FAQ How to recover data after server failure shows, where you can find eventually missing data (and possible delete the faulty files).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:31 PM