none
Opening POWERPNT.EXE with .bat RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I'm stumped. I created a batch file that is supposed to open PowerPoint. That is literally all the batch file does (for now and for this question's purpose).

Anyway, in the batch file I have this single line: start POWERPNT.EXE

It works great if I just want to click on the batch file and have it open PowerPoint.

My issue here is that I am packaging this batch file into an .exe (using IExpress v. 2.0) along with a couple other files and using the batch file as the Install Program.

That might sound silly, but the batch file will eventually be doing other things first and opening PowerPoint last, but as I said I am just focusing on getting it to open PowerPoint for right now.

I have tried every method (ex. using the full path of POWERPNT.EXE) of opening PowerPoint via the batch file I can think of, all work if I just click the batch file, but NONE work when packaged into an .exe using IExpress.

I am using Microsoft Office 2010 on a Windows XP Professional machine.

You can try for yourself and see if it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you! :)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:28 PM

All replies

• this is the sync framework forum, you may want to post your question in the appropriate forum.
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:47 AM