none
wpa failed mandatory parameters srv db RRS feed

• Question

• i have dialup no other choice i installed sp3 when i restart i get cmpt window and it says failed incorrect parameters any help PLEASE
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hello nososmart,

From your Diagnostic Report, the issue does not appear to be Activation or Validation (non-genuine) related. Since Noel hasn't replied recently, I think we should refer you to a forum that specializes in Update/SP install issues.

I recommend posting in the Windows XP Windows Update forum http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update.  Also, I recommend that when you post the description of the issue that you describe the specific issue first and then provide any additional information, after.  Example "I was installing Service Pack 3, after the computer rebooted, I received a Command Prompt (cmpt) window with the error "wpa failed mandatory parameters srv db".  I also only have dialup, if that matters"

Very sorry we couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:18 PM

All replies

• Hello nososmart,

There is no need to paraphrase, we have plenty of storage space for as much text as you need to use to describe the issue, so Please describe the issue is more detail.

In addition, in order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:54 PM
  • I installed sp3 i can only get dial up here in pr ,when i had to do a restart after installing sp3 the cmpt window came up and said failed incorret parameters ,i checked in my computer properties it says i have sp3 but a lot of updates fail.So i dont know alot about computers i just need to make sure im set up correctly I even have a hard time to use microsoft fix it i get a message that says i need to upgrade in order to use fix it but i have sp3. anything you can do to help?I did the mgadiag.but when i clk copy nothing happens it does say i have genuine windows
    nososmart
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:02 PM
  • "nososmart" wrote in message news:7c6b2564-e1e2-4fd9-8f5a-b16f39e3a656...
    I installed sp3 i can only get dial up here in pr ,when i had to do a restart after installing sp3 the cmpt window came up and said failed incorret parameters ,i checked in my computer properties it says i have sp3 but a lot of updates fail.So i dont know alot about computers i just need to make sure im set up correctly I even have a hard time to use microsoft fix it i get a message that says i need to upgrade in order to use fix it but i have sp3. anything you can do to help?I did the mgadiag.but when i clk copy nothing happens it does say i have genuine windows
    nososmart

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool ( this copies the report to the [invisible] clipboard - ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:47 PM
  •  

If you aren't getting a Non-genuine message/error, this forum may not be the best place for you (I specialize in activation and Non-genuine issues).  However, Noel helps in a bunch of different forums and he may be able to help you resolve the issue or direct you the forum that has people that can.

Darin MS
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:25 PM
  • I ran the mga i clicked copy i waited over 20 minutes, nothing i rt clicked nothing no paste or nothing how long does it take after i click copy that you can rt click?

nososmart
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Im still trying now you know why i use nososmart'''Im not getting a non genuine message i just cant run the mic.fix it a box comes up and the message is i need to upgrade  i just now started getting updates  for sp3 maybe now it will work is there any help to dial up users to get music or video downloads faster i keep calling my phone co they keep saying i cant get high speed i guess claro doesent want to put out for the extra lines there are 3 famils living next to me we all have this problem ,we all have a 56 k modems but were only getting 52.0 kbps thanks
    nososmart
    Friday, December 30, 2011 3:16 PM
  • "nososmart" wrote in message news:ea9499ba-a263-482a-aa8d-1fb88839c5ac...

I ran the mga i clicked copy i waited over 20 minutes, nothing i rt clicked nothing no paste or nothing how long does it take after i click copy that you can rt click?

nososmart

about 1 second usually.
    *something* almost always happens when you right-click, anywhere – unless your system is well trashed.

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:00 PM
  • "nososmart" wrote in message news:f9bea875-0883-47a9-8501-d832c3657b09...
    Im still trying now you know why i use nososmart'''Im not getting a non genuine message i just cant run the mic.fix it a box comes up and the message is i need to upgrade  i just now started getting updates  for sp3 maybe now it will work is there any help to dial up users to get music or video downloads faster i keep calling my phone co they keep saying i cant get high speed i guess claro doesent want to put out for the extra lines there are 3 famils living next to me we all have this problem ,we all have a 56 k modems but were only getting 52.0 kbps thanks
    nososmart

You’re lucky – in the days when I was on dialup with a 56Kbps modem, I could only get 33Kbps most of the time. (You try downloading a 1.4GB download at that speed – it took me a week non-stop!)
    How near to your local exchange are you? can you not change providers?
    ADSL Broadband doesn’t need new copper from exchange to house – unless the line is way too long. Is your exchange ADSL-capable or not?

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:04 PM
  • I ran the mga i clicked copy i waited over 20 minutes, nothing i rt clicked nothing no paste or nothing how long does it take after i click copy that you can rt click?

nososmart

No, I think you misunderstood.   I know this can be very confusing doing it the first time but don't worry, you will get it. I sometimes find it easier to also See how something is supposed to be done, so I have provided some pictures that you can follow.

#1 Run the MGA tool

#2 Click Continue

<wait a short time till the Continue button turns into a Copy button>

#3 Click Copy

#4 (optional) Close tool by clicking OK

See next post on how to paste

Darin MS

Friday, December 30, 2011 11:11 PM
  • Now, once you have clicked the Copy button, come back to this thread and:

#1 Click "Reply" to create a new post.

#2 Right-Click inside the new post.

#3 Select "Paste"

#4 Click the Submit button and you will have posted your Diagnostic Report.

I hope this helps,

Darin MS

Friday, December 30, 2011 11:18 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Status: Genuine Validation Code: 0 Cached Validation Code: N/A Windows Product Key: *****-*****-69KQQ-Q9Y9C-33H8T Windows Product Key Hash: Ma+8ctDbvh3p5GE1gLXiT0jJVOo= Windows Product ID: 76487-032-1281745-22171 Windows Product ID Type: 5 Windows License Type: Retail Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro ID: {FBB6C680-7B7A-4460-8640-0E60F597712C}(3) Is Admin: Yes TestCab: 0x0 LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.40.0 Signed By: Microsoft Product Name: N/A Architecture: N/A Build lab: N/A TTS Error: N/A Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1 Resolution Status: N/A Vista WgaER Data--> ThreatID(s): N/A Version: N/A Windows XP Notifications Data--> Cached Result: 0 File Exists: Yes Version: 1.9.40.0 WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft OGA Notifications Data--> Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGA Data--> Office Status: 109 N/A OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002 Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1 Browser Data--> Proxy settings: N/A User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32) Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled Active scripting: Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed File Scan Data--> Other data--> Office Details: {FBB6C680-7B7A-4460-8640-0E60F597712C}1.9.0027.05.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.prox32*****-*****-*****-*****-33H8T76487-032-1281745-221715S-1-5-21-1229272821-515967899-682003330Dell Computer CorporationOptiPlex GX240 Dell Computer CorporationA0520020719000000.000000+000887E3FAF0184C04E04090409Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)03109 Licensing Data--> N/A Windows Activation Technologies--> N/A HWID Data--> N/A OEM Activation 1.0 Data--> BIOS string matches: yes Marker string from BIOS: 8000:Dell Inc|8000:Microsoft Corporation Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005 OEM Activation 2.0 Data--> N/A
    nososmart
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:18 PM
  • Hello nososmart,

From your Diagnostic Report, the issue does not appear to be Activation or Validation (non-genuine) related. Since Noel hasn't replied recently, I think we should refer you to a forum that specializes in Update/SP install issues.

I recommend posting in the Windows XP Windows Update forum http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update.  Also, I recommend that when you post the description of the issue that you describe the specific issue first and then provide any additional information, after.  Example "I was installing Service Pack 3, after the computer rebooted, I received a Command Prompt (cmpt) window with the error "wpa failed mandatory parameters srv db".  I also only have dialup, if that matters"

Very sorry we couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:18 PM
  • "Darin Smith MS" wrote in message news:c7bd688e-c8be-42b0-9562-9b9c9b70460f...

Hello nososmart,

Darin MS

Hmm – I though I had replied :)
    I agree – the WU forums would be a better place for further work on this problem.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:31 AM