CRM 2011 Upgrade from CRM4 - New user cannot view Organization-owned reports RRS feed

• Question

• Pretty strange one here. We are running a test upgrade from CRM4 to CRM2011.

All info/settings seems to be imported ok. Existing users can see all info as they used to in the CRM4 installation.

However, for new users, we're seeing some strange behaviour with reports....

We have a bunch of reports that are set to "viewable by: organization"

Our new user has a security group applied where on the Read privilege for reports i have set the access level to "Business Unit"

The user can see reports owned by users in the same business unit (as expected) but cannot see the "viewable by:organization" reports......

Interestingly, an existing user who is in the same business unit, with the same security role and same team applied can see these "viewable by: organization" reports.

any clues?

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• ok looks like i've just solved this.

In CRM4 all of the default reports, e.g. "Account Distribution" do not have an owner.

In CRM2011 these default reports (imported) have owner "System"... 

so i changed the reports owner from "System" to "domain\Administrator" and now both the new user and the existing user can see this "viewable by: organization" report...

a couple of questions:

• prior to this change, why could the Existing user see these reports..? 
    • what other records could be in my installation without an owner
    Friday, July 29, 2011 12:23 PM
  • I'm still in CRM 4.0  I have moved the DB to another server and when i add a new CRM user, they cannot view the reports.

I did something similiar to junglism's tactic, but instead I set the report to "inidividual" under the "edit report" setting under administration tab.  Saved the report, and then under actions, set "make report available to entire organization."  Boom it works! 

But I have to do every report individually!
    • Edited by Steve Bowen Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:59 PM