MS CRM 2011 ONLINE - Dialog and custom text for email RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create a dialog where a user can enter custom text for example for an email?

The users starts the dialog. Then the user enters text asked by the dialog. After that when the dialog is finished, the email will be sent including the text entered by the user.

The problem is that we have a need to send an email for customers, but nearly allways we want to custom the email text a little bit.

Friday, November 8, 2013 7:31 AM

Answers

• Yes, This is relatively straight forward if I have understood the requirements correctly.

Create a Dialog against your chosen Entity, Adding a Page and a Prompt and Response with a response type of "Multiple Lines".

Directly after this you can add the "Send Email" step to the dialog. Within the properties of this step you can reference the Prompt and response from the previous step and add it into the Email you are creating. (See attached screen shot, in this example I am inserting the text entered by the user into the Message body)

• Proposed as answer by Rich Mephan Friday, November 8, 2013 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Friday, November 8, 2013 12:11 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 12:06 PM

All replies

• Yes, This is relatively straight forward if I have understood the requirements correctly.

Create a Dialog against your chosen Entity, Adding a Page and a Prompt and Response with a response type of "Multiple Lines".

Directly after this you can add the "Send Email" step to the dialog. Within the properties of this step you can reference the Prompt and response from the previous step and add it into the Email you are creating. (See attached screen shot, in this example I am inserting the text entered by the user into the Message body)

• Proposed as answer by Rich Mephan Friday, November 8, 2013 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Friday, November 8, 2013 12:11 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 12:06 PM

Yep, that was it. Somehow I didn't see that. Thanks!
    Friday, November 8, 2013 12:10 PM