How to Contact phone support? RRS feed

• Question

• I paid $60 for OneCare 2.5 months ago and can't get it activated, now I'm told I need a subscription.. I really don't know what to do at this point as the help is a endless circle of frustration.. How can I talk to someone to get the issues resolved?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:33 PM

Answers

• What happens when you attempt to activate? Are you encountering an error? Please provide details of what is happening and we may be able to help you here in the forums.

Until your activate, your only path to support is via email, unfortunately.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

When you follow the path through the FAQ, select the option that you are a trial/beta user to get to the email support form without subscription validation.

-steve

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:55 PM

All replies

• What happens when you attempt to activate? Are you encountering an error? Please provide details of what is happening and we may be able to help you here in the forums.

Until your activate, your only path to support is via email, unfortunately.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

When you follow the path through the FAQ, select the option that you are a trial/beta user to get to the email support form without subscription validation.

-steve

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:55 PM
  • I have installed my store bought OneCare two times and I get to the final finish setup and can't get past the Message " Incorrect e-mail or password" ?

I have recreated e-mail addresses and passwords to no avail. What next??

I am at my end of rope!!

Can some one help me contact someone on the PHONE? I need a Number to call...

Ramon..........

Friday, December 21, 2007 11:45 PM
  •  Ramon D. wrote:

I have installed my store bought OneCare two times and I get to the final finish setup and can't get past the Message " Incorrect e-mail or password" ?

I am at my end of rope!!

Ramon..........

Phone support is only available for paid subscription only.

{Moderator edit} [support number removed]

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:14 AM
  •  Ramon D. wrote:

I have installed my store bought OneCare two times and I get to the final finish setup and can't get past the Message " Incorrect e-mail or password" ?

I am at my end of rope!!

Ramon..........

Are you pasting your password into the password field using copy/paste? You will need to manually type it in.

Is your password complex? That is, longer than 8 characters or includes characters other than letters and numbers? If so, try changing it to a simple password until activation is successful.

-steve

Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:25 AM
  •  

I have an 18 chartacter password and I am typing it in. I will shorten it and try again.

Thanks,

Ramon....

Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:53 AM
  • Please let us know how that works out for you, Ramon.

-steve

Sunday, December 23, 2007 4:44 PM
  • I have the same problem. I had to return the computer that it was originally installed on (by the vendor). Now whenever I try to activate, I get a message 8059--product key already in use. Cannot find any way to contact Microsoft for support. Even the automated just kicks me out because my question is too long--not that automated support could assist with this issue. Go to the further support and it says that I should click on get more help, then support and all it does is send me back where I was. Anybody know how to get actual support rather than just an idiot loop.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:52 PM
  •  tphil wrote:
    I have the same problem. I had to return the computer that it was originally installed on (by the vendor). Now whenever I try to activate, I get a message 8059--product key already in use. Cannot find any way to contact Microsoft for support. Even the automated just kicks me out because my question is too long--not that automated support could assist with this issue. Go to the further support and it says that I should click on get more help, then support and all it does is send me back where I was. Anybody know how to get actual support rather than just an idiot loop.

Since you are reinstalling OneCare and already have a subscription you must activate with the same LiveID that you have the subscription for. Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com to confirm that you are using the correct LiveID. If it is a different LiveID, the OneCare subscription will not be shown on the Billing site.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

-steve
    Friday, January 4, 2008 5:05 PM
  • keeps asking for subscription do u hv to pay twice for this subscription

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:52 PM
  •  max321max321 wrote:

keeps asking for subscription do u hv to pay twice for this subscription

No. Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with your LiveID - do you see an active subscription? Is this a reinstall? How did you subscribe/activate?

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:15 PM
  • So, why is it not ok to post the public OneCare support number in this form?

-ConTho

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:11 PM
  •  ConTho wrote:

So, why is it not ok to post the public OneCare support number in this form?

-ConTho

Microsoft has requested that it be removed when posted. Phone support is only valid for paid subscribers.

Unfortunately, as I note in the FAQ for how to reach support, they made it rather painful (in some cases) with the validation process.

I may not agree with the decision wholeheartedly, but I expect that the biggest reason for this is cost. Plus, if trial users call, that means longer wait times for paid subscribers.

-steve

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:21 AM